Question

Honor Student
CyberGW
Message 1 of 2 (285 Views)

HP Photosmart B110a Software Won't Install

Hi there.

I have a HP Photosmart B110a Printer and a Windows 8.1 PC. I have tried to install the software and drivers for this printer but I have encountered numerous errors.

First of all, I used the HP Printer Install Wizard which automatically finds the drivers. It downloaded and went on to the "Checking system" stage, but remained here for ages so I had to cancel.

When trying again, nothing appeared after downloading. I then manually downloaded the software from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4022343&

Making sure I chose 8.1 and 64 bit.

However this did the same, and after extracting nothing appeared despite the installation file running in Task Manager.

I have heard others having similar problems and I have tried to run a L3_Uninstall.bat. However, at stage 10 it fails and closes, and although it seems to then go on and do something else, it doesn't seem to uninstall properly. I have tried all other uninstall files and only the L1_Uninstall worked without error but still the installation won't start.

What should I do next? I seem to have tried everything suggested on other forums, and I believe that if I get the L3 file to work correctly, I will then be able to go on and install the files.

Thanks for any help.

Honor Student
CyberGW
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B110a Software Won't Install

I've tried lots of new things recently and nothing has worked. Tried using the CD (which only goes up to Windows 7) and although a windows is actually displayed, there is no install button, just an exit button. Also noticed while trying L3_Uninstall it does say there are files on my PC. Just can't get them somehow. And there are loads of 7z.... folders, lots of which contain util, ccc and a l3_uninstall but they all fail. Could somebody please give me a list of all the software associated with this device so I can try and uninstall it manually? Really grateful for any help, this is driving me mad.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation