HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) Wireless Printer (10247 Views)
Student
nancynlg
Message 1 of 7 (10,247 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) Wireless Printer

Two years ago I purchased the HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) Wireless Printer and installed the wireless printing feature myself with the included cd.  Everything was fine until I recently moved.  I cannot print wireless now, and can only print when my laptop is actually hooked up to the printer.  And, when I moved I lost the cd so I do not know how to get my wireless feature to work again in my new location.  I am still using the same laptop that worked with my wireless printing in the past.  Can someone please assist me on how to be able to print via wireless again?  Thank you.

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 7 (10,210 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) Wireless Printer

HI,

Download the software HERE, but before installing go into the setup menu on the printer and reset the network settings on the printer.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
humSof
Message 3 of 7 (9,480 Views)

[ Edited ]

Our HP Laptop crashed so we got a new laptop. We are trying a Toshiba with windows "7". We do not have the setup disk, and I have not been able to load the HP Photo Smart Plus B 209a into the new computer, with the cable hook-up. Will the printer work with windows "7", and if so how can we make it work? We just bought two new sets of printer ink for the HP Photo Smart Plus B209a printer. If I need a disk to get it to work, where can we get one?  Our email address is: {Personal Information Removed}

Tjank you for your help.

John & Shirley Tobias

Distinguished Professor
sabretooth04
Message 4 of 7 (9,462 Views)

Searching the web we find everything on the HP web site.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3777182

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I used to work for HP, but now I'm retired.
Student
Beauchene
Message 5 of 7 (6,296 Views)

I upgraded my router and network and the person who did it created a new network.   I am attempting to setup The wireless network and don't have the CD available.    I already have the HP solution center software on the desktop and want to use it for the setup of teh network.    What steps do I need to do if I don't have the CD available? 

Student
grc5514
Message 6 of 7 (3,616 Views)

i have a HP B209a printer - the printer worked fine (wireless) with Windows XP.  Will this printer continue to work (wireless) with Windows 7?

thank you

HP
Rainbow7000
Message 7 of 7 (3,561 Views)

Hello grc5514,

I understand you are inquiring if your Photosmart Plus will work wireless with Windows 7, as it works with Windows XP. The answer is yes. it will work with Windows 7 as well. You will need to run the installation to connect the computer to the printer and ensure it is connected to your router. I will post the instructions for you below.

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless Network

I hope this helps you!

Good luck:smileyhappy:

Rainbow7000
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation