Message 1 of 3 (813 Views)

HP Photosmart has stopped working!

When I double click on the HP Photosmart icon on my desktop, a microsoft box comes up saying  HP Photosmart Essential has stopped working and it tells me to close the program. The same also happens when I try to input my SLR Camera CF Memory card. This has not happened before and I would like to know why and how can I solve the problem?

Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (801 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart has stopped working!

Same thing happened to me yesterday also.  Was using the program. Closed it; went to ask my wife a question about a photo I printed.  Came back, reopened the program and the same thing happened. Tried removing the program and reinstalling it. Same results when I attempted to open the program.  This program is so much better than Photo Creations and so much less uncomplicated.  Shame HP no longer supports it.

Message 3 of 3 (785 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart has stopped working!

Had HPPE 3.5 on Win 7 computer. Was working fine. Had to do restore on computer. Now HPPE won't work. Every time I turn on computer it trys to install/configure HPPE but it won't. Get messages operating system incompatible (it was working before with Win 7) and HPPhotosmartessential.msi missing. HP Photo Creations as far as I can tell is junk.  Can't get ot my pictures at all.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling - won't work.  Anyone have any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation