Question

Top Student
isaywhat
Message 1 of 5 (31,606 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to uninstall PCL6 Universal Printer Driver in Windows 7 home premium?

I want to actually uninstall the driver and not just remove the printer from the installed printers.

The print management console is not available in Windows 7 home premium.

Does HP have a method for uninstalling the driver?

Honor Student
Grexnix
Message 2 of 5 (31,600 Views)

Re: How to uninstall PCL6 Universal Printer Driver in Windows 7 home premium?

I haven't tried Windows 7 yet so this may not help, but have you tried checking (when viewing the installed printers from start button, Printers) File -> Run as Administrator -> Server Properties and then choose the driver tab to find & delete the printer driver in question?  This is from memory as I am not in front of my Vista box at the moment.

Top Student
isaywhat
Message 3 of 5 (31,592 Views)

Unfortunately the Server Properties option is no longer available in Windows 7.  At least I can't find it anywhere.  I think it is handled now by the print management snap-in, but home premium doesn't include that snap-in.

Top Student
isaywhat
Message 4 of 5 (31,574 Views)

I was wrong.  Print server properties are still available.  When you highlight a printer it adds an additional button on top to get to print server properties.  Drivers can be removed from there.

Honor Student
Grexnix
Message 5 of 5 (31,564 Views)

That's good that you found it and that option is still available in Windows 7 Home Premium.  I'll keep that in mind when I upgrade over the Christmas break!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation