06-09-2011 07:13 PM
My HP Laserjet 2055DN displays a firmware error message: B0605
The printer and computer are connected via a USB cable and are "seeing" each other, when the printer is switched off the computer recognizes this and makes the "device unplugged" sound.
I have downloaded the 2050 firmware update and put the printer in Bootcode mode
When I then run the "send firmware" the software seems to complete and the smiley graphic comes up but nothing happens. The printer does not acknowledge the update or change messages.
The error code continues to remain current so I cannot use the printer.
As this is my main business printer this is quite inconvenient.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
05-24-2012 07:34 AM - edited 05-24-2012 07:37 AM
I know this is an old post, but because it ranks so high in google and I feel I have a solution, I thought I would answer it.
I had a users with an HP P2055DN who's printer displayed the error B0605 message. I followed HP's directions at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D
and put the printer in BootCode mode then ran the firmware updater.
The directions indicated that the printer would restart on it's own, but it did not do that for me (and I feel many other people on the Internet according to what I could pull up on Google).
What I did was let the printer sit for about a minute after the Firmware Updater said it was done, then powered down the printer and pulled out it's power cord. I let it sit for about 15 seconds, then plugged it back in and started it up. When the printer started up, the printer's display went through a bunch of messages (Erasing...) for a few seconds. When it got done with all of the messages, I was able to print to the printer again.
I hope this helps someone down the road.
04-09-2013 06:45 PM
@vishalsgpgi - I may not be the most proficient in commercial LaserJets, but if you have a firmware error B0605, the link in the previous post is an amazing document. Did you follow those instructions and are you are still experiencing the error message? I strongly recommend reading through the entire document and trying its suggestions. Plus, if you would like some more assistance, I will do my best to help you but I will need to know a lot more information like what kind of computer are you printing from (Windows 7 64 bit, Mac OS, etc)? How is the printer connected (USB, wireless, or ethernet)? When did this start happening?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Every problem has a solution!
03-05-2014 08:25 AM
- HP Laserjet P2055dn
- Installed drivers to Windows 7, 32-bit
- Error Code given by HP Printer: B0605
- Downloaded newest firmware update from HP.com tech support site
- Here's the website in which I downloaded the firmware update - http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/templat
- Connect printer USB, specified it as the USB port in the printer properties as well
- Booted up printer while pressing "OK" and "Cancel" as suggested
- Ran update
- During installation, it says on printer interface that it is "Downloading update"
- Afterwards I get "Bad FLASH Burn Power Cycle"
Any help on this? I cannot get this printer up and running. It's relatively new as well, but somehow isn't under warranty.
I sent an email to HP.com as well, but am still awaiting reply. (Attached is the firmware update that I tried)
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS