Officejet 4500 G510g-m | Windows 7 Driver Installation Problems (40407 Views)
Honor Student
Kyramor
Message 1 of 17 (40,407 Views)

Officejet 4500 G510g-m | Windows 7 Driver Installation Problems

Hello!

I've just purchased a new Acer Aspire One 722 laptop running on Windows 7 64-bit for work and I'm having some problems getting it to play nice with the all-in-one at work. The model is an Officejet 4500 G510g-m and though I still have the CD, it seems to be of little help. Whenever I run any of the HP diagnostic tools, they attempt to download the full software suite (I assume, since it's the same 373MB package) and extract it, only to go back to step one of discovering the device and starting the download all over again.

I have tried running the Solution Center installer directly from the disk, at which point I get the 2732 error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash to attempt to circumvent that error to no success. I have downloaded both the basic and the full driver suite from the HP site and attempted installation multiple times, using the scrubber in between to ensure a clean slate. I've copied the files from the CD to my computer and tried to install more directly, with exactly the same results, yet the printer continues to show up as problematic under the "Printers and Devices" window, troubleshooting which just returns me to the endless cycle of downloading a driver that seems to not want to install.

At this point, I haven't the faintest clue what's causing the problem, so I'd greatly appreciate any insights!

Thanks for your time in advance.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 17 (40,377 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 G510g-m | Windows 7 Driver Installation Problems

Hey Kyramor,

If you visit this link you can find the print and scan driver without the full feature software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3919449&

This installation via this method.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Kyramor
Message 3 of 17 (40,373 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel, but unfortunately I've already tried all of the packages available from the HP site. I have no idea why it is, but no matter what package I install or how many times, it never recognizes that there are drivers installed. It's insistent that the drivers are continually missing. :\

Teacher
pctech33
Message 4 of 17 (40,342 Views)

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 5 of 17 (40,326 Views)

I assure you guys, if it's something that simple, I've tried it and tried it again. I've been through every single download on the site for the product and I've spent hours fiddling with different methods of installing, scrubbing, and reinstalling, and even messing about with it in device manager to try to jog something into place. I don't mean to be rude, but pointing at downloads readily available on the same site I'm posting on isn't going to help me. :\ Thanks for the attempt, but I've already exhausted every even vaguely obvious solution and none of them seem to want to work.

HP
stix4
Message 6 of 17 (40,252 Views)

Hello Kyramor,

Thanks for the post.  Hmmm.....interesting one for sure.  Based on the description, it almost sounds like something running in the background preventing the full install.  I might suggest the following links, the first being lengthy but very thorough.  Good Luck!

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
mrgonz52804
Message 7 of 17 (36,703 Views)

You have to upgrade the software in the printer and in the laptop. This is free from HP support if you have a software warrenty otherwise it will cost about $160 because HP has to load this upgrade from their end.

I am certified in 90% of lexmark printers so I know this first hand. I could not find any other solutions on line.

It sucks when 1 HP product will not talk to another HP product without costing you more **bleep** money.

Student
shedysteve
Message 8 of 17 (36,548 Views)

i can't complete my installation because my system has no driver installer, so i need a driver. thanks

HP
stix4
Message 9 of 17 (35,487 Views)

Hello Shedysteve,

Thanks for the post.  I've included a link below where you can access these drivers.  Just select your OS from the drop down menu and go from there.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3919...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
slunce
Message 10 of 17 (25,871 Views)

Thank you! This link helped me for HP Officejet 4500 CB867-64001.

First I had erronously download the software for 4500 G510a-, and it didn't work. But the link you posted got it right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation