Question

Student
YALD
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Printer in Error state

I have a Lenovo Think Pad T430u. My OS is Windows 7 Professional. My printer is an HP Deskjet D1660. I downloaded the drivers from the internet and have used it for the past 6 months without problems. That is no longer the case. I have been unable to print anything for the past month.

For some reason my system is telling me that my printer is FAX HP Deskjet 4640 series. When I try uninstalling the driver package, it says I am not allowed to do so because that driver is in use.

The task bar in the Devices /Printers window says 0 documents in queue but when I hover over the Printer icon itself it says 2 documents in queue.

Help!!! I need to get my printer working asap!! I have assignments and papers to turn in!!!

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: Printer in Error state

Hello YALD, and welcome to the HP Forums. I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see your having problems with your Deskjet queues. I have a few steps here that should help resolve that.

-Click the Start button

-Click Control Panel

-Click System and Maintenance

-Open Administrative Tools
-Click Services

-Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
-Select Automatic in the General tab
-Under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

-Reboot your computer and try uninstalling the Driver package

If you run into any other issues uninstalling the software, please refer to this document: Uninstall HP Printer Software.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation