05-09-2014 11:53 AM
I just downloaded Mavericks on my computer and am now attempting to install the software and driver for the PhotoSmart 7520. It downloaded OK, but couldn't be opened. A message appears: Invalid checksum. What does this mean? I need this printer.
05-13-2014 07:43 AM
I see that you are getting the error "Invalid Checksum" when trying to run the install for the printer on Maverick.
I will do my best to assist you with this issue.
Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac.
Temporarily turn off the feature to verify the checksum.
The following steps will allow you to temporarily disable this feature:
- Open the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities.
- Go under the Disk Utility menu and select preferences.
- Deselect the option to verify checksums.
- Try mounting your DMG file.
I would recommend turning this feature back on though after the installation is complete. Also if you notice this happening on additional files it can indicate a problem with your Internet connection.
If you are still having issues then I would download and run the HP Printer Drivers v.2.16.1 to see if you have the same results.
If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.
Have a great day.
05-17-2014 05:41 AM
My friend downloaded the wrong driver. He downloaded Airprint driver. I'm not sure what that is, but I downloaded the correct driver and everything is OK.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS