WARNING! Do Not Run HP Print and Scan Doctor (HPPSdr.exe v1.0) Trashes Solution Center (15206 Views)
Top Student
Bandolier
Message 1 of 6 (15,206 Views)

WARNING! Do Not Run HP Print and Scan Doctor (HPPSdr.exe v1.0) Trashes Solution Center

[ Edited ]

Brilliant - this helpful (sic) software simply deleted the devices from one of Win7 systems (Officejet Pro 8500A and Officejet 6500A), left the Deskjet 1200C and now requires me to reinstall the Solution Center software as the installation is incomplete!!

I have managed not to have to go through a Solution Center uninstall / install process for quite a few months as the long tsnading Solution Center software issues seemed to have been quietly fixed (?).

This software offers assistance which just falls short of help!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/en/hho/ipg/pdu/...

What a fool I was for running this!!

Avoid like the plague!!!

Student
ricknlinda
Message 2 of 6 (13,589 Views)

Re: WARNING! Do Not Run HP Print and Scan Doctor (HPPSdr.exe v1.0) Trashes Solution Center

Were you having trouble with the printer losing it's connection to the router?? I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8500A (A910) on windows 7 and it keeps losing it's connection to the network.  If I shut it down and restart the printer I can print again for about 10 min then it's gone again.  Are there any fixes for this problem??

Rick

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 3 of 6 (13,529 Views)

ricknlinda, have you installed the most recent updates fo...

ricknlinda, have you installed the most recent updates for your printer? The steps can be found at the following link. There are two different options of updating. You can update via the front panel of the printer or you can update from your PC via USB connection. The steps for both are listed in description at the following link: http://goo.gl/EadGv
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Luke6
Message 4 of 6 (10,515 Views)

Re: ricknlinda, have you installed the most recent updates fo...

Hi, I just want to jump in to say I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same HP printer, but with Windows Vista 64 bit. I've tried everything to get my printer to stay connected via the network but it's still a crap shoot. It seems to help when I uninstall and reinstall the whole thing, but then I invariably get an error message when shutting down my computer, a message telling me I must force shut the HP program in order to allow my computer to shut down.

Any fixes to this would be welcome.

Cheers,

Lucas

Honor Student
drhughjorgen
Message 5 of 6 (6,861 Views)

And I have a 5610xi that I cannot get the scan to work.  It used to but not now.  I reinstalled the driver and software but while installing the software it said it could not find the scanner.  So it appearently didn't install it.  what do I do?

Student
mezzodiva54
Message 6 of 6 (6,149 Views)

New here, I have a model 4215 officejet all-in-one that used to scan just fine, but suddenly decided not to.  When I tried to go through the HP Director all it did was disable the computer's internet connection, requiring a re-boot.  A few dozen re-boots later, I came upon the Print and Scan Doctor, but this after a number of hours is still stuck on the driver detect, so I'm going to have to bail on that.  I have been trying to avoid re-installing the drivers, as the original disk has some bad sectors and was very problematic the last time, though I did manage to work around it.  I am not confident (after Print and Scan Doctor debacle) that downloading the driver from this website will work.  The printer has been a very reliable workhorse for us and otherwise performs just fine, so I am loathe to replace it, but not being able to scan is a drawback.  Wish HP would support its older products better, but of course it's in the business of pushing new ones, not keep old ones going forever.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation