Question

Honor Student
rfdavis11
Message 1 of 4 (6,381 Views)

Win 7 (64 bit) Driver for my Color LaserJet 2550n Printer

A specific driver for my HP Color LaserJet 2550n is not listed in the Win 7 driver list. I see drivers for 2500 PCL 5, 2500 PS, 2550 PS, and 2600n. ( just updated the Windows driver list.) I've been using the HP Color LaserJet 2550 PS driver, but have problems printing that I never had with Win XP. Which ddriver is the correct one for my 2550n printer?. Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (6,379 Views)

Re: Win 7 (64 bit) Driver for my Color LaserJet 2550n Printer

Hi,

Please get it directly from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=HP%20Col...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 4 (6,377 Views)

Re: Win 7 (64 bit) Driver for my Color LaserJet 2550n Printer

The color Laserjet 2550n uses the In-OS driver included with the windows 7 system. Here is a document on how to load that type of driver.

Install the driver included in the Windows 7 operating system (OS)

If you want a specific postscript (PS), PCL 5 or PCL 6 driver, then you will need to use the Universial Print Driver. Links to those drivers are included on the product pages listed below:

win7 64 bit

win7 32 bit

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Student
Galeman
Message 4 of 4 (1,833 Views)

Re: Win 7 (64 bit) Driver for my HP Color LaserJet 2550 Printer

[ Edited ]

I have tried your advice AuntieEm and installed W7.x64 driver for my second hand HP Color Laser Jet 2550 series without an installation CD.

The printer becomes default (and marked "green" in "Devices and Printers"). When I try Test print or to send some simple text to print in black, it goes out of defaults, gets yellow exclamation triangle and says: Error in Windows setup...

Also I have done windows update for HP drivers, but still have the same problem.

s it becuase of x64(W7) OS? Thanks for your answer. Would it be easier with the x86 OS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation