Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4500 G510h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and after my windows activation, I again did a clean install of my windows. 

Following successful installation and activation of windows , Tried to install the printer driver using the windows 8.1 driver. 

The installation started but after detecting the printer it hangs at "checking HP scan interface 2" at 92% and stays there...I tried your solution given in your website and forums like restarting computer and all, but nothing helped. I have my printer connected via wired ethernet connection with my router.

We need the drivers for the windows 10 for HP officejet 4500 G510 series printers. Cant find on the website and driver download page.

I dont understand, how a premier company like HP miss out from upgrading their drivers with a new windows version? This is just uncool.

Thanks and regards,

Dr. Arnab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP released the Windows 10 Compatible drivers for HP Officejet 4500. Thank you so much HP.

Here is the link - 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/391...

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

yes same problem and no answer

HP Recommended

I really dont understand, why didnt they get the drivers ready, so that they can upload the drivers in their driver download page as soon as windows is launched.

I guess, HP thought nobody will Clean Install windows and everybody will be happy with just the upgrade. Microsoft itself is showing ways to clean install and after that your 8.1 driver really dont work

HP Recommended

yes you are right

how we can send a mail to the hp

HP Recommended

No use sending a mail, they will reply here only if they wish..this is the best platform

HP Recommended

so we will wait

HP Recommended

Yup...Lets hope, any HP Personnel replies and gives us a solution. Its really bad if your printer is not working. So much work just gets stacked up. Never expected this from HP

HP Recommended

yes same for me it did everything hard

HP Recommended

Also waiting for windows 10 drivers.

HP Recommended

Can a HP official please reply and tell us when the windows 10 drivers will be available for HP Officejet 4500 Series..Please

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.