Question

Student
jakehansen
Message 1 of 2 (4,158 Views)

Windows 7 64-bit Can't Find HP C7280 Scanner When Connected Via Wi-fi Networking

I have an HP Photosmart C7280 printer.  I've installed the full HP driver set.  It prints well.

However, the scanner is not recognized over the network.  

When I am connected via network, the scanner driver doesn't show up in the View Scanners and Cameras control panel; nor does the option to scan show up in Adobe Acrobat Standard. 

When I connect (temporarily) via USB, these issues are resolved and I can scan over the USB port.  However when I disconnect the USB, the scanner is no longer recognized once again.

I need to be able to scan over the wi-fi connection.  Can anyone please advise?  

BTW, the trouble started when I installed on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.  It worked ok on Vista.  

Thank you!

Top Student
J_Ledford
Message 2 of 2 (4,139 Views)

Re: Windows 7 64-bit Can't Find HP C7280 Scanner When Connected Via Wi-fi Networking

I do not use wi-fi but you might try the work around I spent hours coming up with.. let me know if it helps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/This-is-a-Work-Around-for-Windows-7-amp...

would be interested to know if it works on a wireless system also.

Thanks

"If it isn't broke don't fix it"
Waste not the wisdom of others, do not be so worried about what you want to say, that you miss what is being said to youl
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation