10-18-2013 09:26 AM
I have a HP laserjet P1005 printer which yeaterday was working happliy in Window 8. I downloaded 8.1 last night and the printer no longer works!
With the the printer status window open (via the windows control panal) the document detail appear briefly after clicking on the print button. Nothing happens at the printer end. Theres nothing wrong with the printer as I can use it on a laptop without problems.
On the Hp Driver downloads link there 'appear' to be a driver for 8.1 but I thinks it is only the 8.0 version wrongly labelled.
I am sick to death with HP. It took them more than 1 year to sort out a driver for Windows 8 and it crashes as soon as Microsoft tweek their OS.
Does anyone have any ideas how this can be resolved? HP appear to abandoned Customer Care as a core value - I will not be buying one of their product again.
This question was solved. View Solution.
10-19-2013 05:56 AM - edited 10-19-2013 06:02 AM
Got it working after reinstalling drivers from here:
10-19-2013 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. I tried this before posting and it didn't work?? Do I need to delete the original Windows 8 driver before doing this? Or should I have rebooted after installing the Windows 8.1 version.
What sequence do you suggest?
10-19-2013 01:27 PM
Hi Again - Finally got it working!!
I downloaded the software from the link...... again. Still no joy
Deleted the printer from the computer's devices. Then downloaded the link.....again. The computer didn't have the printer listed as a device.
I started again from scratch:
Reinstalled the 'original' driver's from the start-up disk.(the driver from the above link must have still been present).
Printer back on stream.
10-20-2013 03:40 AM
10-20-2013 04:51 AM
What might work could be to:
1 install from the original cd;
2 install the Windows 8 driver;
3 Then install the Windows 8.1 driver.
10-27-2013 07:46 PM - edited 10-28-2013 11:42 PM
I had the same problem last night.
What I did:
1. Delete any previous drivers for the P1005 printer and disconnect the USB cable of printer from CPU.
2. Go to HP website and download windows 8 version of the drivers for P1005.
3. Go to downloaded file and right click. Click on Properties.
4. Click Compatibility tab and check the box to change compatibility to Windows 8. Bottom check Run as Administrator. Click OK.
5. Double left click the downloaded file and install the drivers. Click Finish when done.
6. Go to Control Panel and open Device and Printers. Power on your printer and plug its USB cable into the CPU.
7. Your printer should now be visible on Device and Printers as default printer.
8. Restart Windows and your printer should be ready for use.
10-28-2013 12:27 AM - edited 10-28-2013 11:40 PM
I hope my thread on resolution of HP P1005 printer helped someone.
Please leave a note if it helped you so that others can have the confidence to follow.
11-06-2013 12:41 PM
Thanks for the thread. I had the same experience with Windows 8 a year ago and waited for months for the driver. Yesterday I upgraded to 8.1, today the device doesn't exist!
So, following your instructions, from the HP download centre I selected 8.1 and downloaded it - hey presto it updated my exisitng driver (it told me) and installed the printer.
Thank you for saving me more time, pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth.