Question

Student
markinswfla
Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)

c 309g-m printer will not load anything but the basic drivers

I have Photosmart Professional printer   C309g-m and either from the disc or website cannot get full software capabilties to load, so only have basics drivers... so hard to scan or do other advanced activities

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: c 309g-m printer will not load anything but the basic drivers

Hello markinswfla,

I understand you are having problems installing the Full Feature Software and Drivers for you HP Photosmart C309g printer. Can you please let me know which Operating system you are currently using? Do you get any error messages when trying to load the software?

Even if you have only installed the basic drivers for your C309g you should still have the HP Printer Assistant on your desktop which will give you all the options for scanning like changing the file types as well as editing and enhancing your scans, enabling the scan to email and computer.

If you want HP Photosmart Software Suite, then yes the full feature software must be installed. If you are using a Windows OS 7 or higher you have the option to use the HP Printer Install Wizard it was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

I would suggest uninstalling the basic drivers you currently have installed, remove them from your add/remove programs in the control panel and then run the Printer Install Wizard. This will install the full feature software and drivers for you.

Please let me know if this was helpful, if you need more help, reply back with the requested information.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation