Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks mate

You have done what HP failed to do!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Friends,

Just like a miracle. I followed the leads in the trail of users' experiences and and got my printer working.

I followed the add printer process and chose DOT4_001 (generic IEEE........) and then HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5.

It did self install and that was all. The test print came out and I more like ran crazy. That was a great!!!

HP Recommended

I tried this and it worked brilliantly for the first few pages and then as I ried to print more pages it came back with something about an unsupported personality which was the message I was getting before

I even tried to reprint a document I had successfully printed about 10 mins before and it came back with the same message about unsupoported personlality.

I have taken this up with HP support and they have promised that the will have a date for the drivers to be written  by the end of April.

As the end of April has now passed I am about to e mail HP Support to see what if anythng is happening

will keep you posted

Brian

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions and they worked perfectly!  My sturdy little hp Laserjet 1010 is ready to once again support me in managing another swim meet.  I am able to print from my Windows 7 PC.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

What I found was it did work as long as you didnt do the following.

a.  Try to print more than ONE copy of the document. So if you want 2 copies then Print it twice.

b.  Try to print the second document while the first one is still printing, i.e. let the first oen finish before firing off another print job.

c.  Dont try to print a specific page of a document

You have to print the whole document

The work around for this is

EITHER cut that page to another document and then print that document so if say you want to print page 7 of a  document then COPY AND PASTE page & to another document and then print that document

OR delete Pages 1 - 6 and 8 - 23 leaving you just page 7 then print the Whole document (so you end up just printing page 7) and then dont save it so you keep the original document.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER NOT TO SAVE IT OR YOU LOSE YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENT

Crazy I know but that is the price HP make us go through all becasue they coulndt be bothered to write the drivers for the HP1010.

Thanks a bunch HP!!!!

HP Recommended

I second these comment. HP is showing disregard for its customers by not ensuring that their printers are future-proof. Yes, we look for other brands.

HP Recommended

pls how do i  install the HP 1010 laserjet printer in windows 7 (64 bit)  in pc?

HP Recommended

Hi, cant thank you enough after what seems like hours of absolute frustration...worked a treat...cheers..jacsar

HP Recommended

This instruction works even for Windows 8. Thanks very much Matt.

@wizit wrote:

Hi,

just found your post...

To install your HP1010 on Win7do the following:

Start

Devices & Printers

Add a printer

Adda local printer

Use an existing port: DOT4_001 (Generic IEEE...)

Next

Pick HP from manufacturer

Select HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5

Next

Name the printer something to your liking

Finish (or so, just follow the prompts)

Here you are!

Works every time for me, never had a problem from any application.

I don't know how this forum works and if i am notified if you reply or anyone else posts on this thread, so i try to check it again soon to check if you left a message.  Be with me...

Matt

HP Recommended

Many many greetings! My hp Laserjet 1010 is working very good in my Windows 7 64 bit !!

Paljon kiitoksia, nyt hp Laserjet 1010 toimii mainiosti windows 7 / 64 bit koneessa. Erittäin hyvä ja nopea tulostin!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.