Question

Honor Student
denali1253
Message 1 of 2 (570 Views)

hp officejet 7310 all-in-one "scan to" computer

[ Edited ]

I own an older model officejet 7310 all-in-one. I am using xp pro...32 bit.  My printer will let me print from the computer screen but I can not "scan to" computer using the "scan to" button. Also I can not load pictures into my computer from the printer. I have loaded the software from the disc that came with the printer, I have also downloaded updated software from hp support online and I have not had any success with resolving the issue. I did go to the hp print and scan doctor and the message I got from them was that the twain driver may be corrupted and that I should uninstall  and reinstall software. I am thinking that there is a computer setting that is no right. Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you....Denali1253

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 2 (549 Views)

Re: hp officejet 7310 all-in-one "scan to" computer

Hi denali1253,

Sounds like you have done the proper troubleshooting thus far. I think the next step would be to scrub the software from your computer (completely remove) and reinstall it. Check out the link below to download the All-in-One Software Removal Utility, which will help you remove all the software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-24061-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

After using the tool, reinstall the software (either from the CD or the full featured software found HERE). Keep in mind, you may have to run the utility up to 4 times, as per the instructions from the linked page:

"This utility works in stages. The first time the utility is used, it runs at level one. The next time the utility is used, it runs at level two. There are four levels."

Let me know if this helps or not.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation