Question

Honor Student
mackado
Message 1 of 7 (1,445 Views)

just printer drivers

I have a deskjet f335 allin1 printer.  it is connected to a desk top computer running XP.My wife has a laptop for business

use. It runs Vista. I have no vista software for the printer.  the 2 computers are networked  through dsl modem using a wireless connection.

windows tells me i have to have the printer drivers installed on her computer to complete the process. I do Not need nor want the intire

HP suite on her computer,  only the drivers. where and how can i get just the drivers to install on her computer, without all the other

stuff.   Please help.   thanks

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 7 (1,444 Views)

Re: just printer drivers

Maybe you need the basic drivers. download it HERE.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
mackado
Message 3 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Re: just printer drivers--

I tried to load the basic drivers and get a message they are not for my vista home basic.  any other ideas please?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 7 (1,400 Views)

Re: just printer drivers--

Seems like there is no basic drivers for Vista. so download the full software and drivers, but during the installation, choose Custom Installation, and uncheck everything except the ones that can't be unchecked(i.e. the basic drivers). once you install that, you should be good to go.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=1128297
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
mackado
Message 5 of 7 (1,358 Views)

Just 1 more question -   I hope.  which computer do i load them on.   the vista system,  or the xp system that has the printer connected to it.

thanks 1 more time.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 7 (1,348 Views)

Ok, so you're trying to share a printer with a Vista computer, and the printer is connected to an XP computer. is that correct?
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
mackado
Message 7 of 7 (1,345 Views)

yes, that is correct. they are networked through a wireless connection.  The vista knows the printer is there, and shared. when i try to print from vista i get a message that it cannot find any drivers.  I don't know if its looking for drivers on itself,  or on the xp computer.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation