Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just gotten a new network router and it has a new IP address scheme and security (WPA instead of the old WEP).  I tried to adjust the address of the CP1025NW but did not do all of the settings when I did get to it; now I cannot reach the printer at all - browser, ping, etc.  Please help me establish the printer either to defaults or to the setting I want.  Right now, the network is set to 192.168.0.XXX, 255.255.255.0 and all of my devices are DHCP and working except the printer.  The gateway is 192.168.0.1 right now on the net.  My printer current settings are 192.168.0.250 (static IP) but the problem is that the printer is looking for gateway 192.168.1.1 which doesn't exist anymore.  In the printer settings, I also see (from the config page) WINS server 192.168.1.1  and DHCP/BOOTP server as 0.0.0.0  Resetting the printer does not change any IP settings.  Please help me reach the printer to configure it properly for wireless printing.  Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello harveytcohen

To reset the factory settings of the printer follow the steps below. You will need to re-setup the network configuration. Read over step four and five of the article I get the step from.

Step three: Disconnect the printer from the incorrect network
To disconnect the printer from the incorrect network, you must restore the factory settings. Follow these steps to restore the factory settings.
NOTE:Restoring factory settings does not reset page count, tray size, or language.
  1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord.
  3. Turn the printer on while pressing and holding the Resume button ( ). Hold the Resume button for 10 to 20 seconds until the Attention light ( ) turns on.
  4. Release the Resume button, and then wait until the Attention light and the Ready light ( ) cycles to complete restoring the settings.

SOURCE: A Network Connected Printer Cannot Access Print Apps, Web Services, or ePrint

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello harveytcohen

Are you still having the problem or did the restoring factory defaults resolve the network problem?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I signed up specifically to give you the Kudos deserved for a very simple answer and fix.  I had my printer set-up for a manual wired network previously, but then moved locations, and the new place was wireless only (and a different IP subnet).

Resetting the printer removed the invalid wired address, and, allowed me to go through the standard wireless install as a "new" printer.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi! I had the same issue with this printer, I did the factory reset but the IP still being 192.168.10.xxx and I need to change this ip address to 192.168.0.xxx.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.