HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Printing Fails (1140 Views)
Student
iJesse37
Message 1 of 2 (1,140 Views)

HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Printing Fails

[ Edited ]

I have set up the printer I just got with the CD it came with and it connected to my network wirelessly and it picks it up just fine, however when I go to print anything from my computer it says that could not start printer. Please check your printer configuration. I used the HP Print and Scan Doctor and disabled my firewall, made sure I have all the latest drivers, and I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and it sitll does not work. The printer will print a document internally, just not anything I send to it from my computer or even my phone. How do I fix this?

Also the scan doctor says everything is working fine, but it just won't actually even print a test page. And the ip for the printer is correct because I can go into the settings by typing it into the browser.

HP
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (1,052 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Printing Fails

Hi iJesse37

I understand you can access the embedded web server with the IP address but it still won't print from the computer.

If you are using more then one router make sure you are connected to the main router.

Find out what the computer's IP address is.
Go to start, type in run, enter, type cmd
type ipconfig.
Check the computers IP address.
The first 3 sets of numbers should match the first 3 sets of numbers on the printers IP address to be on the same network.

Try and ping the printer.
From the same window type ping IP address of printer. (space in between ping and the IP)
Do you get any replies back?

Power cycle the computer, printer and router.

Try and print now.

I have included a document to follow the steps starting at Solution four: Check the print driver and the port.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you better.

What Windows operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.

Did the first 3 sets of the IP address match?

Did you get any replies back when you pinged the printer?

What is the port checked on? (should be TCP/IP)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation