Question

Tutor
jarosario
Message 1 of 7 (35,059 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 3050 Wireless setting for new router config

Hello, i recently changed my router settings (SSID, WEP key) and now i found out that my wireless printer is not connected to the network anymore. Before the change i had no problem connecting to the printer, but now the only way i can do it is via usb.

I printed the wireless test report from the printer; it says that the printer can't find the access point. However, in the list of detected networks the SSID of my router does show up.

I tried to launch the wireless assistant that came with the CD, but i couldn't do it, because it assumes the configuration is over cause i already have all the software and drivers installed. I suppose that completely removing the printer drivers and software would allow me to enter the wireless assistant, but i think it should be an easier and more ellegant way.

How can i launch the wireless assistant?

Or even better: how can i manually configure the printer wireless settings when it's connnected via usb?

The network diagnostic utility was of no use either, because the printer isn't connected to the network.

Thank you very much for your advice,

Andrés

PS: My modem is not WPS enabled (at least i think so... it's a old model, a ZyXel Prestige 600).

Tutor
jarosario
Message 2 of 7 (35,033 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050 Wireless setting for new router config

Actually launching the wireless assistant was pretty easy, i just had to click "connect a new printer" in the hp printer program menu.

But that didn't solve the problem!

The blue light isn't blinking anymore, but at the end of the process i got the error: "not able to connect to the wireless network" or so... i'm tying to translate from spanish, btw.

Then i run a connection test and, according to the printed results, there aren't any problems!

The printer has an assigned ip (169.254.131.53) but im still not able to connect to it via wireless.

My router has not mac address filtering enabled, i have disabled the windows firewall, and the cyphering of my router is wep/open (no authentication).

Additionaly, the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility can't find the printer on the network...

I'll appreciate very much your help, thanks in advance.

Tutor
jarosario
Message 3 of 7 (35,030 Views)

Well, i reinstalled the latest drivers, and this time i got the option to manually set the ip address of the printer and the subnet mask. Then i used ipconfig /all to find out these values and finally the printer is working.

It would have been nice to have the possibility of doing the manual configuration from the beginning...

Tutor
grizzly5
Message 4 of 7 (34,946 Views)

im not too savy but having a simular problem and i have a new post above. was with comcast and used my netgear wireless router and my 3050 printer was online. i switched to qwest with it's wireless (modem) i could not connect with the wps light on or off. blue light keeps blinking.

ssid found but Failed

wireless on            pass

wireless working    pass

connected     NOT RUN

it says my hp printer cannot find your acess point.

i clicked my name for my wireless connection so i don't know what the problem is. i have 4 bars excellent.. don't know what else to do but grab some coffee or a red bull.

i called qwest and they alerted me to a new HP driver as they are having issues with HP printers. told me to call HP

Honor Student
Sonicslayar
Message 5 of 7 (34,510 Views)

simple fix for this:

1 go to device manager at the top show hidden devices now go to printers and uninstall

2 go to programs and features and remove all hp stuff

3 instert your disk or download the setup program run it like you would have the first time

Honor Student
Ron61
Message 6 of 7 (7,578 Views)

I have bought a new router Belkin 1200 and can not get my HP 3050 printer to conect with my laptop computers. the printer says it is not conected but when I try to get it to reconise my router

Honor Student
kcowan2000
Message 7 of 7 (4,325 Views)

Just delete the drivers for the 3050 and download them again. It automatically finds the new router password. Make sure your printer is connected by wire.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation