Question
HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Printer problem
Replies (13)

Top Student
buserve
Message 11 of 14 (873 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Printer problem

I'm putting using this thing on hold until it's working properly. I can't take a chance of it letting me down again. Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 12 of 14 (856 Views)

Sorry for the delay.

Did the reset work?  I'll assume so.

As far as the CD goes - I don't like them.  I always get the latest software from a manufacturer if I can - I don't use CDs if at all possible.  Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Driver" link at the top of this page.

Getting the printer on the wireless network - from the front of the printer: Setup > Network > WIreless Setup WIzard.  Follow the instructions.  After it is connected, install the software and select "Network" installation when it asks (it may say "Wireless" or something similar, I am not sure).  Then you will have a wireless printer!

After all that is done, check the scan from printer button.  I don't like using it - I prefer scanning from computers as the button is often funky.

I am employed by HP
Student
agiledaniel
Message 13 of 14 (746 Views)

Spoiler
I too have the locked up HP Officejet 6500 Wireless (E709n) device

- Windows 7 Pro 64bit

- It prints through USB connection only.

- Cannot attach to wireless network with it (attempted using the HP Solution Center Software since physical console is unresponsive. It does not see my wireless network. It is broadcasting.

- I cannot scan or copy at the device itself. ADF does recognize paper inserted but symptoms don't change.

- I cannot scan using the HP Solution Software (HPSS), all of the scanning buttons in the software are greyed out.

- All buttons on the panel of the device are un-responsive, including the Power Button.

- I have reinstalled the HP Solutions Software (No Improvement)

- I have followed the unplug/powercycle and hold the "#" & "6" keys option recommened earlier in this thread. (No Change)

- I have followed the "Guided Solution" in the HPSS  (No Improvement)

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the HPSS (No Improvement)

- I have rebooted my PC Countless times (No Improvement)

- I have reconfigured my wireless access point. (No Improvement)

- I am starting to wonder if i need to ditch this and HP Retail class devices...

hp probs.png

error1.JPG

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 14 of 14 (745 Views)

Try resetting with the # and 9 keys.  If that does not work, the uniti may be dead, unfortunately.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation