03-19-2012 11:59 AM
Alright so here's the problem.
First of all I just bought a Deskjet 3050 All-In-One J610 Series printer on ebay. It came today and I tried to set it up wirelessly and through the USB. It works fine with the the laptop (we use it as a home computer) its a Windows Vista 64-bit.
Now everytime when the printer is not connected to our router, it shows up on the little connect to wireless networks on this computer, my netbook, and my Ipod Touch. But whenever i connect it to the router via WPS and via PIN number, it doesnt show it up on anywhere. I tried to do the setup on screen instructions CD but it says that it is connected but its not showing up or something and it says that I have to connect with the printer's IP address. And it said something about a warning saying that if you connect it like this, then if the ip address changes i would have to do a bunch of crap that i dont feel like doing.
Is there any possible way that i can fix this???? i would love to print stuff from my netbook.
03-20-2012 01:41 PM
If you have not already please try the following article. It should help with the issue. Especially the part in the guide where you set a static IP on the printer. Even upon reconnecting it should stay the same. I hope it works well for you.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection