Question

Top Student
audimomma
Message 1 of 4 (441 Views)
Accepted Solution

Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s not being able to pick up officejet all in one 6500a-710a printer

Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s not being able to pick up officejet all in one 6500a-710a printer

my mother bought two, one for her and one for me, I set hers up first, then came home to do mine.

I got it to print ONCE!!! Hers works fine.

I set hers up exactly the way I set hers up. The other difference is our routers.

I dont have hers nor mine hardwired to the computer.

I have reset the router, phone, computer, internet box, printer! its on the same wifi network as the computer and phones.

the software is up to date on the phones, and the printer.

I have a linksys rangeplus wireless router model # WRT110      <<<problem???

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (427 Views)

Re: Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s not being able to pick up officejet all in one 6500a-710a printer

Make sure the router has the latest firmware.

Enable Web Services from the front of the printer and then check to see that the printer has the latest firmware.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
audimomma
Message 3 of 4 (416 Views)

Re: Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s not being able to pick up officejet all in one 6500a-710a printer

bought a brand new, same router as my mothers, has the latest firmware. still saying, can not find any airprint printers. mothers is still working just fine, as i set hers u yetserday first then came home to do mine the exact same way

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (400 Views)

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). Yours is 192.168.1.100 to .149.  Let's use 192.168.1.200 for your printer.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway

--Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS.  Enter 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation