07-20-2012 06:13 PM
Just changed routers and now can't print to Officejet Pro 8000 A809, which is ethernet connected to the router. On Windows 7, get a message to the effect that the printer "cannot be contacted over the network". Tried unplugging the printer ethernet and power cords and reconnecting, and the Self Test and Network Configuration pages printed OK, but still can't print.
This question was solved. View Solution.
07-22-2012 09:35 AM
Check the Network menu on the front of the printer. Does it indicate it is connected to your router with a proper IP address (not 0.0.0.0 nor 169.254.x.x)? If not, in that same Network menu, Restore Network Defaults and check again.
Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Devices & Printers and delete all instances of the printer, then:
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Get its IP from a Network Test printed from the front panel of the printer.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices & Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP