Question

Top Student
Dorman
Message 1 of 11 (3,153 Views)

Script Error

HP Photosmart 5514 Printer.  Windows 7 64-bit. 

Sometimes when trying to print a webpage I get a pop up window saying..... 

An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line-2061, Error-Unspecified error, Code-0, URL-res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Printer is hooked to my Desktop with a USB Printer Cable.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (3,146 Views)

Re: Script Error

If you are using Internet Explorer browser go into  internet options and in the advanced tab set yours as you see in the image.IEScript.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Dorman
Message 3 of 11 (3,113 Views)

Hey Dean

This solution did not work. My settings are the same as these. I"m still getting Script Error message. I've tried resetting the printer by unhooking Printer Power and USB Cable and Restarting my PC and that worked but that's the only way that my printer will print a webpage. I can't be Resetting the printer that way every time I want to print a webpage.

Hope this gives you some other ideas.
Dorman
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 11 (3,105 Views)

[ Edited ]

edited by erico.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Dorman
Message 5 of 11 (3,067 Views)

Hi Dean

I Reinstalled the Printer and then after printing around 8 to 10 pages throughout the day the Script Error 2061 came

back up again......This printer is costing me a lot of ink.  Would you have any other solutions.

Dorman 

Top Student
Dorman
Message 6 of 11 (3,047 Views)

Hi Erico

Have you got any solution for me.

Can anybody please help me out with my printer problem......

Dorman

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 7 of 11 (2,989 Views)

Do you have another browser installed on your computer that you could try to print the same item from? It sounds like an internal script error caused by a corruption of the browser.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
Dorman
Message 8 of 11 (2,972 Views)

Hi 007

Glad to hear somebody is getting back to me.  I only use Internet Explorer.  Now that I've re-installed the printer I only get that "Script Error" when I try to print a webpage when I'm in "Kaspersky Safe Mode".

Would you suggest a different "Browser" and which one.

Dorman

Intern
DanSmith
Message 9 of 11 (2,688 Views)

[ Edited ]

The issue is caused when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.

We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it.  Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).

1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers

2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.

3) Reboot

4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)

5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.

6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.

7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,

Dan

I work for an internation tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Top Student
Dorman
Message 10 of 11 (2,678 Views)

Hi Dan

I went according to your instructions about uninstalling and reinstalling the new Windows printer profile but I'm still getting that "Script Error" message in "Kaspersky Safe Run for Websites".

Any other ideas

Dorman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation