08-16-2012 06:15 PM
When I open the Solution Center to scan a document, I select the "Home" button at the bottom and then "Scan Document". I select "Quick Scan", verify the file name and location and hit "OK". Then I get this error message:
"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."
with the option to "Switch To" or "Retry". I have to either switch to Windows Fax and Scan (which produces a picture, not .pdf) or Retry. So, I hit Retry over and over SEVERAL times and may even hit Switch To and then Retry again. Eventually it will scan.
This is a major pain and happened on a previous HP printer/scanner that I had before. I've had this issue with both Windows XP and Windows 7. Any ideas?
08-17-2012 05:00 PM
Could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What is the model number for the printer? If you have difficulty locating the model number please use one of these guides to get it:
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network