Wireless Printing on Officejet J4580 AiO (4457 Views)
Student
RandaW4
Message 1 of 2 (4,457 Views)

Wireless Printing on Officejet J4580 AiO

I have an HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One wired to a desktop computer that runs XP. I connected a Netgear 108 Mbps Wireless Firewall Router WGT624 v3 to the desktop. I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1243cl Entertainment Notebook PC (runs Vista) that I want to print wirelessly from. I loaded the HP Officejet software onto the laptop. It loaded okay with no error messages. When I print from the laptop it looks like the printer software goes through what it needs to go through but it never "gets" to the printer and prints. Any suggestions? Thank you! Let me know if you need more info.

Randa :smileyhappy:

Student
RavenLunatic
Message 2 of 2 (3,916 Views)

Re: Wireless Printing on Officejet J4580 AiO

You need to make sure the printer attached to the desktop is shared, from your laptop go the the name or ip address of the desktop system example from notebook open my computer and in the address bar type \\desktop if all of your sharing is ok you should see what is shared and should see the printerThat is the printer that you want to add as your default printer on your notebookWhat you have done is installed the software on your notebook and to print to the printer you will need to disconnect the cable from the desktop plug it into your notebook and everything should print fine...

There are steps on how to configure a network printer port but for most users just go to the shared printer and add it to your other system set as default and as long as the desktop is powered up and printer connected you should be able to print remotely...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation