Question

Student
dimarcolene
Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wireless printing upgrade kit successfully installed, but keep reinstalling itself!

I have Windows Vista and a HP Photosmart C5200 printer. I have installed the printer and the Wireless

Printing Upgrade Kit.

Here is the problem. The printer will disconnect and will then reinstall itself several times throughout the day. I end up with printer,  then printher 1, then printer 2 then printer 3, then printer 4... you get the picture.

It is a problem that I have not found an answer to and it is driving me crazy.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, updated drivers, added the patch - no help.

If I try to install the software for the wireless kit from the HP website, it stalls and freezes at "current progress 90% and Overall progress -- Installing PC Adapter driver 10%. I have had it stuck there for days, re-tried it several times with the same problem.

I can reinstall the software from the cd, get the patch but will always have the "reinstall itself" problem several times a day.

Any ideas?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

Wireless printing upgrade kit successfully installed, but keep reinstalling itself!

[ Edited ]

Hi dimarcolene,

It sounds like you are having issues with the upgrade kit maintaining your network information. Follow the steps in the document below. If you continue having issues you may want to consider a new printer with a built in wireless radio. Let me know what you find out?

Setting up the HP Printer with the HP Wireless Printing Upgrade Kit in Windows XP and Vista

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation