Question

Student
casg13
Message 1 of 4 (592 Views)

can not connect PC to the printer wireless

I just purchased an HP 5510e wireless printer all in one, I set up printer it is connected to my wireless network and has an ip address but I cannot connect to printer from my laptop.

Already tried turning off firewall settings and disabling anti-virus software no help

Any suggestions

Student
cathynnc
Message 2 of 4 (576 Views)

Re: can not connect PC to the printer wireless

I have the same problem. I use Firefox and apparently HP isn't compatible with it. Hope you get it worked out.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 3 of 4 (568 Views)

Hi Casg,

The good news is that this should work.

There is probably Full Feature Software for your printer and some diagnostics, too, to help you figure out what is wrong - the utility at your printer's website may just figure out it for you.  (Well, there's the hope.)

I looked up your manual - it's long, but mostly because it's in several languages.  Primarily it says that the printer will work wirelessly like magic and if it does not, look at the wireless printing web page - so, here it is.  Use it it double check your settings and make sure you have not missed anything.  BTW - if you are using "Access Filtering", you'll need to add your new printer to the access list on your router so the printer is allowed to access your wireless network.

Wireless Printing Center

Printer Website - Find in Software and Drivers your Full Feature Software (which will enhance all things printing), a diagnositc utility (HP Print Diagnostic Utility), and even a tool that will download and install that Full Feature Software (HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows 7).  Installing the Full Feature Software will help make the wireless printing work like the magic that it's supposed to be.

HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer - B111a

NOTE:  The HP Print Diagnostic Utility and HP Printer Install Wizard are under Utility - Diagnostic Tools

• Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
  • NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “Install the Software / Driver installation package:  It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

Unless you are using Norton, your Anti-Virus should be OK.  Norton gets in the way of just about everything.  Keep it off until this all works.  Never turn it on again.  Replace it.  (OK, I'm not a fan - you can't trust anything I say about Norton.) :cathappy:

Good Luck!

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 4 (567 Views)

Cathy,

I'm a FireFox user, though I do have to use Old FF because I have SimplePass... I've never seen a Printer that FF hates.  I'd venture that this is not a FireFox issue.  There is a first time for everything, though. 

Please see my previoius post.  Try your printer again and let us know how you fare...

Good Luck!

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation