08-11-2012 04:19 PM
How do I find the MAC address to my HP Deskjet 3052A so i can add it to my access control list? I had to turn off my router's firewall to get it to find my printer. I would like to turn the firewall back on. I am using Windows XP.
08-11-2012 09:08 PM
Print a Wireless Network Test from the Wireless menu on the front of the printer. The MAC address will be on there.
Do not use MAC filtering as a security measure as it is way too easy to break! Use WPA or WPA2 encryption for good security (and nothing else).
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection