new router, now wireless printer won't work. (19907 Views)
Student
maggieo
Message 1 of 18 (19,907 Views)
Accepted Solution

new router, now wireless printer won't work.

We were having trouble getting online.  ISP determined it was our router.  Bought and installed new router.  Internet access and kids laptops fine,  but now HP photosmart Plus B209 doesn't see new router.  Tried to do setup wizard, no luck, tried push button and pin setup from front of printer, no luck. Tried to input network settings  in toolbox  in the HP software on my computer, but told unable to retrieve settings.  The printer was working fine with the old router.  Test report from printer still shows old "Network Name SSID so, of course, it's not linking to the new router.  Help!  don't know what else to do.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 18 (19,872 Views)

Re: new router, now wireless printer won't work.

On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults.

I am employed by HP
Student
nrsn07
Message 3 of 18 (19,489 Views)

we have a photosmart hp C4795  same issue got a new router now ours wont print either. have put it online

Tutor
Thing_1
Message 4 of 18 (19,488 Views)

There are a variety of reasons why your printer might not connect to your wireless network. The following web site provides information which might be helpful in troubleshooting the issue:

https://h20563.www2.hp.com/p/_wireless/index.html?jumpid=ex_r602_go/wirelessprinting

If the suggestions mentioned previously don't resolve the issue, I would suggest browsing this website for help.

For the case that the printer is connected to the wireless network, but you are unable to print to it, the following tool might be helpful in helping to diagnose the problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-91797-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I work for HP.
Student
healerB1
Message 5 of 18 (17,506 Views)

Thank you! I've been trying to remedy the wireless printer with new router problem for days; this was exactly what needed to be done. I had to do the same reset for Netflix. Hopefully, everyone will find this blog.

Student
layor79
Message 6 of 18 (16,872 Views)

new router, printer will not connect!

Hi 

I have new router (Thomson 858 v7), it does not catch the HP B209c printer in wireless mode, works ok with cable. Tomake matters worse I have only just changed to an macbook pro after a gateway pc, so I am finding it difficult to find my way round the mac. The printer did work on the old router which had to be changed due intermittant wireless drop outs.  

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 18 (16,866 Views)

Re: new router, printer will not connect!

First we need to connect your printer to your router.  We will use WPS (Wifi Protected Setup):

1. On the front of the printer go to Setup > Wireless > WPS.  Start it.

2. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the front of the router.

3. Watch the front panel of the printer to indicate that the connection was successful.

Once that is done, on your Mac go to the Apple menu (upper left) > System Preferences > Print & Scan.  Click the '+' sign to add the printer.

I am employed by HP
Student
wrf1
Message 8 of 18 (11,517 Views)

My HP Photosmart Premium C410 and the new wireless router say everything is fine, my laptop and the router say everything is fine and the internet works wondferfully.  For some reason, though, the printer will not print a document at all.  Anything else I can try?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 18 (11,472 Views)

Download and run this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Student
recondo
Message 10 of 18 (10,737 Views)

I am unable to connect my HP 6500 all in one printer to my new  CenturyLinker router  keep getting message  that the Key passphase is incorrect

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation