Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer

I have been having feed issues and a lot of jams.  I have followed the trouble shooting steps and was cleaning the rollers and found two small pieces that feed paper have broken off and are nowhere to be found.  Can I get replacements for these?  This photo is from the troubleshooting.  Both of the white tabs on one side are missing.

Printer Missing Parts.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not sure if will you be able to get those. Have you inspected the printer's interior, maybe they are somewhere inside the printer or around the printer, they can just vanish. In a worst-case scenario, you can remove the one from the side and install it on the side where missing. If you will have one far left and one far right the printer should work.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Darn!  I was hoping they would be a part I could find.  Seems they can easily break off.  I am not sure if they are actually broke since I can't find them.  I have looked around the printer and pulled the cabinet it sits on out to look behind with no luck.  They didn't fall into the duplexer.  There is a small area they could fall into in the printer, but I can't get into that or see in there well, so I am guessing they are there.  😞  

I did follow your advice and moved one to the other side.  I was nervous I would break it taking it off, but luckily it was pretty easy.  It is working mostly now, it is bending one corner as it feeds, but it is minor and I don't print much that it would affect.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.