Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-On
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WIndows 10

HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer - B211a

So i've been having problems printing from my computer wirelessly for ages now. It seems like it only prints when it feels like it, not sure what I do to fix it, and not sure what I do to break it.

After being fed up with the denizens of problems I get when trying to print, I tried updrading the driver since there was an update available.

First I used the HP Install Wizard, it would get about a minute or two into the download and just freeze. After a bit, it'd say it had failed and I had the option to retry. 

After a few failed attempts of that, I tried manually downloading it off the website (using chrome), the download would appear at the bottom of my browser and start, but then after a minute or two it would again, freeze. Leaving it comes with a network interruption error. I tried both the Full feature software driver install, and then the basic one a few times. Neither worked.

Tried installing the HP Print and Scan Doctor after reading a few support articles. But once again, downloading it manually, or through HP's installer would only get it to freeze at some point and not work.

After ages of going back and forth between trying to get a single download to work, I opened the HP Support Assistant App on my computer. It detected my printer, and I added it. It had an 'important' mark and wanted to update my driver, tried doing it through that, download started, the bar would go a little bit up, then stay at the download percentage.

After a few more support pages, I uninstalled my curent driver from the computer, got that error 'Installation Error 2081883401: failed to uninstall device with serial number' . Pressed ignore, it finished uninstalling and then I restarted my computer.

The device is gone from my programs and software list (so I can't uninstall it again), but it still gets detected with HP Support Assistant, and the HP Print and Scan Doctor that seemed to already be installed through the Support Assistant (not sure if that's normal).

No matter what I try to do to download the latest driver from HP servers, the download would just stop and remain unchanged at a certain point, until I either cancel it or an error pops up, no matter what program I try to download it through.

Not sure what else I can do at this point. 

Any help would be appreciated

- Josh.

EDIT: Well, I got it working again. Not sure what I uninstalled. Had to manually detect its ip through windows settings, and now it's just calling itself class driver. Not sure why, but at least it's working. Still can't update drivers through HP servers though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.