Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My HP Envy 7640 All-in-one Printer has all of a sudden stopped detecting my wireless router although my two laptops (Macbooks) can. I tried to swtich off and on my router/printer and removed all wires off but its still not working. Any advice would be most appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Bryan

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?

Error messages?  Status of the blue wireless light on the printer, on, off or blinking?

HP Recommended

Dear Sabretooth04,

Many thanks for your advice.

I have tried what you suggested but it still does not work - the blue wireless light on the printer is blinking. Any further advice please?

Kind regards,

Bryan 

HP Recommended

Blue wireless light blinking means you are not connected to your routers SSID with password.

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to connect to your routers SSID with password.

HP Recommended

Many thanks Sabretooth004. 

I have restored network settings and then used wireless wizard but it is not detecting my router (it used to for past 12 months and I have other laptops connected to same router). I have entered my wireless router details manually on the screen but it is still not detecting it and blue light is still flashing. 

Any further advice?

HP Recommended

In the router set the wireless channel to 1, never 'auto'.  Make sure printer is at least 5 feet away from router.    Try again.

HP Recommended

I have changed router chanel to 1 and moved it to another room but it is still not working. 

I printed the wireless test report from printer, it says ' Attention The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP support' 

Any further advice?

HP Recommended

@Bryanf13 wrote:

I have changed router chanel to 1 and moved it to another room but it is still not working. 

I printed the wireless test report from printer, it says ' Attention The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP support' 

Any further advice?

Ah... thank you.   Now we know why!   Reset the printer back to Factory Defaults.  Reset the printer back to Network Defaults.   Use the front panel to enable the Wireless Radio.

Post the Network config sheet again after.   Does it still say fail????

HP Recommended

I have done all you said except 'Use the front panel to enable the Wireless Radio.' - How do I do this, I cannot find this function in my front panel of printer. 

Printed wireless test report with same message and fail 

HP Recommended

Did you read your User Guide????

Turn on or off the wireless capability of the printer

The blue Wireless light on the printer control panel is lit when the wireless capability of the printer is on.
NOTE: Connecting an Ethernet cable to the printer automatically turns off the wireless capability and the
Wireless light.

1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup and then touch Network Setup.
2. Touch Wireless Settings.
3. Touch Wireless to turn it on or off.

Status now????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.