Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have just changed the ink in my printer and have been greeted by an error message saying that the ink is not compatible to my printer type. 

However, when looking at the supplies section provided on 'HP Utility', it gives me the ink types that are compatible, one being 302XL; the type of ink cartdrige that I have entered into my printer.

Therefore, i have continued to take out and re-insert my ink cartridges 3 times, have followed the step by step process of cleaning the ink contacts on the HP website and am still getting the same error message. 

I do not understand why i am getting this error message and furthermore not being able to print when I am putting in ink that both; are compatilble with my printer and are also the same as the retrospective ink that I have taken out previous to these.

Thankyou in advance for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LisWalker

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 3630 printer. I understand that you are getting the incompatible error message and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. I appreciate your effort.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Make sure the ink cartridges are correctly installed.
  • Clean the ink cartridge contacts.
  • Remove and then reinsert the ink cartridges again.
  • Restart the printer.
  • Align the ink cartridges.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.