Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

if i use the Web-Page (with Edge-Browser) from the Printer, and i will Login for configuration, no Login dialog will be shown. So i can't Login.
With the IE it works, and Edge form W10 Build 1607 works also. So this issue exist only with Windows 10 1703 (64Bit)
last PAtchlevel and Edge Browser.

Thanks & Regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Harrypotter06

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Officejet Pro 8710 has an issue with the Microsoft Edge and W10 Build 1703,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you install any recent updates after you determined the build 1703 doesn't work with the MS Edge?

While you respond to that, you should know that HP doesn't own Microsoft and that it has its own line of products, updates, etc...

That said, you could either install the remaining updates to resolve the issue or simply use an alternate browser such as chrome or Firefox as an alternative, while Microsoft releases another update to fix this issue.

Feel free to use your wand to write an update or if you have any other questions,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

yes, we installed all last Updates on Windows 10 1703 (RTM - Version), but the same issue.
A other Browser works, but it's not a solution for us. 
The Policy on my enviroment didn't allow use other Browsers.

So we think it's a compatibility issue with HP and Windows 10 Build 1703 (last patchlevel)

Thanks and regards

HP Recommended

@Harrypotter06

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm not sure what policy you are referring to, however, the facts speak for itself, as you have mentioned that the printer works fine on other browsers, it confirms that the printer is absolutely fine and the issue is with the browser compatibility with your environment policies or the windows 10 creators update, either way, you'll need to either wait for Microsoft to launch another update to fix the issue or Contact the policy creators and discuss your options with them.

The only other alternative is to temporarily, go back to the previous built before the creator's update by using the system restore and then changing how the automatic updates work, to manual update instead.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

no, for me the issue is not solved, but i think, the Printer EWS is not compatible with Windows 10  (Enterprise) 1703 (Build 15063.138), because only the Printer EWS has this issue. So only HP can make the EWS compatible with Windows 10 1703, or ONLY HP must connect Microsoft to solve the compatibility issue.

If i open a Service Request by Microsoft, it will be cost money. I can do that, but HP must give me a garant, that HP pay that if Microsoft meens, that isn't a Microsoft issue. Do you give me a garant abot that?

Thanks & Regards
Klaus

HP Recommended

@Harrypotter06

Thanks for your reply.

I went through the entire thread.

And it shows that it is not a hardware issue.

As it is mentioned above it is an Edge compatible issue.

Contact Microsoft for better assistance on this.

And keep us posted for any further questions

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.