Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer keeps initializing every thirty minutes or so; the sequence of messages on the display is: initializing, ready, job settings cleared, ready.

I have already updated the firmware (20140616) and uninstalled/installed the driver on my computer.

Does anyone have a solution for this annoying problem?

Thanks, tempur

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tempur

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw printer. I understand that your printer keeps rebooting and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Perform the hard reset on the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Remove all other cables connected to the printer if any.
  • Press and hold the power button for 30secs.
  • Then connect the power cable to the printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • The turn on the printer and try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Happy to try a hard reset but the method described in your mail won't work: the power switch is an old-fashioned mechanical on-off switch.  Pressing and holding it is not possible.

Tempur

HP Recommended

@Tempur

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but it seems unlikely that the problem is related to the hardware.  The software is what causes the printer to re-initiate every minute, no?

HP Recommended

@Tempur

Thanks for the reply.

I made a research and found a solution for this issue.

Resetting the printer should fix the issue.

Please try to reset the printer with these steps.

Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.

Connect the power cable to printer and wall outlet so that printer gets full power.

Click here to refer few solutions provided for the similar issue in forums.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers!

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.