Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (3,270 Views)
Accepted Solution

Security / reset integrated website administrator password

Hi,

I'm using a HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One - C311a (PMN: CQ877A, Firmware: VEP1CN1137CR).

While trying to setup the integrated website security administrator password, I used a generated 20 characters password.

After that, I was unable to login to the printer administrator settings with the same password. I also tried with the same password removing some characters at the end, one by one, just in case the printer password internal storage field got truncated to less than 20 characters.

I tried a Partial Reset, Semi-Full Reset, OOBE Reset, Full Reset (through what seems to be a blue boot menu) and Clear derivatives. None of these methods cleared the administrator password.

Is there any particular command or method that would allow me to gain back administrative access ?

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

Re: Security / reset integrated website administrator password

Hi Jay4096,

The Semi-full is the reset that would reset the password in your screenshot you provided. You will need to contact support, and let them know that the printer fails to clear the password using the Semi-full reset. You can contact our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (3,231 Views)

Hi Jay4096,

Check out my private message, and let me know if this resolves your issue?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Provost
Message 3 of 7 (3,223 Views)

Hi Jay4096,

The Semi-full reset should have cleared the password for the EWS administrator settings. There is no default password as it is left for the customer to create. Please provide me a screenshot of the password screen you are referring too. This way I can make sure we are speaking about the same screen or password.

I am an HP employee.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (3,220 Views)

Hi Jay4096,

The Semi-full is the reset that would reset the password in your screenshot you provided. You will need to contact support, and let them know that the printer fails to clear the password using the Semi-full reset. You can contact our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (3,210 Views)

Ok, thanks to Amelio from the tech support, this got fixed by going into the "wireless" icon on the start menu, then settings, then restore to factory defaults.

Incredibly enough, it removed the administrator password and I could set a new one properly.

Thanks guys,

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (3,200 Views)

Hi Jay4096,

Glad to hear you get this issue resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (1,930 Views)

Can you help me to reset the password on my HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One - C311a?

Thank you,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation