Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought a new laserjet printer with wireless capability. Installation was a bit lenghty but went without errors. Tried to print a page wirelessly, nothing. Tried to do a test print wirelessly, nothing printed. Tried printing an email and a spreadsheet wirelessly, nothing. I reset the printer, still not printing wirelessly. I uninstalled everything (drivers, software) and did a clean install. Still no printing wirelessly. Connected via USB, and it prints, so the issue is mainly with the wireless connectivity. It appears something (an internal process maybe) freezes the printer and you can't do anything to unfreeze except to turn it off and then back on. Sometimes when I open the printer spool on Windows, it shows this error: Error - printing - restarting. Some other times it justs says "Error printing".

I have checked my router to see if the printer's IP is recognized, it's there. Also thought the MAC address might be blocked in the router, nope. Checked if file and printer sharing was not selected, box was ticked so it was available. This is quite a mistery.

I've run HP Print Doctor several times and everytime it says it fixed all problems (Recommended Updates intalled, Print Queue issue fixed, port match fixed, print spooler fixed). Tried to do print a test page, and gives me an error. Tried printing an internal test page, nothing. At this point, I have waisted 7 to 8 hours of my time and problem persists.

Did a firmware upgrade (recommended by HP Print Doctor). Same result.

I think this printer is going back to the store as wireless printing software is pure garbage in my opinion. I have reset the printer at least 8 times, and nothing has changed. It simply wont print wirelessly. Tried printing from my ipad. At first it shows the printer. I select the pages to print and then an error saying printer cant be found. Really???

I consider myself a computer savvy but this printer issue is so frustrating. I've tried 3 different installation approaches: Using CD that came along with the printer, using windows 10 to recognize and install the printer and using HP All in One software to install the printer. The results were all disappointing.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Christian T.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Viper78,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having Wireless connectivity issues on your new HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Kudos to you for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

Let’s try assigning a static IP to try and fix this issue. Follow the steps below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Once done, reinstall the printer drivers. Follow the steps below:

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

Unfortunately, these recommendations did not work.

I still have the same error - printing - restarting  message on the printer spool.

I tried printing from an iPad and got the following message: "HP LaserJet M102W (4E15A0) The printer is no longer available".

THe printer connects to my SSID. When I run a network check, windows shows the printer (and the new manua/static IP address assigned) available on my network. I just cant print anything wirelessly. Changed IP to manual. changed Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 an secundary DNS to 8.8.4.4. So far, nothing has worked.

When I try to print a Wireless configuration test report from the EWS page, it wont print either.

The printer is brand new and should not have to go through all this just to print wirelessly.

Please advise.

Regards,

Christian T.

HP Recommended

Hi @Viper78,

I read the post completely. Superb troubleshooting was done to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy As@Jeet_singh is out of office for the day, I am jumping to assist you here.

Please try these steps:

One of these should do the trick for you. Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. Please perform all these steps diligently and patiently. This should do the trick for you. 🙂

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. Smiley Happy

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.