Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to print borderless A4 on my Photosmart 7520.

The image is always scaling up and ends up cropped with a 4mm white border on the right edge.

Printing a composite is even worse. Four A6 images comped into an A4 gives an even worse result. A 10mm white border!

Also every print has that 4mm white border down the right edge. 

I am unable to correctly align A4 paper in the tray.

The A4 marker does not correspond to A4 (210mm) but rather more like 200mm.

The 'letter' is the closest thing to A4 but means the paper is not flush on the right = skewed prints.

A whole afternoon and a box of ink cartridges later and I am going crazy.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

Running a Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.4.

Using HP Photo Creations to print.

HP Recommended

It sounds like the printer needs to be reset.  With it on but idle (not making any noise at all), pull the power plug out of the back of the printer for 30 seconds.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I have tried resetting the printer. Same problem.

As a work-around I've figured out the exact printable area and rescaled my images accordingly.

This seems to work.

Unfortunately I'm now getting fine white horizontal bands across my prints. Regularly-spaced about 1,5cm apart.

Not happy.

HP Recommended

FYI the stripes become progressively from left to right of the page.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately for your response, I was able to accomplish this on over 15 22x34 posters which I use as price menus in three retail stores.  I moved the printer to my headquarters and have not been able to duplicate the success since.  The printer has the capability so perhaps you need to explore the feature and make it obvious.

HP Recommended

I have another issue with borderless printing.  I am trying to print a borderless #10 envelope but unfortunately have had no succuss with my new Officejet pro 8600.  I had an old 6500 all in one that printed borderless #10 envelopes without a problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

HP Recommended

This probably won't work and the fact that your old printer did it may have been a bug.

Borderless actually over-prints the page (so it for sure prints to the edge).  Over-printing with black ink clogs the spittoon area where the over-print goes, so even if you could borderless print an envenlope, it would only use color ink.

This color ink may look black to you but it is not and it is also not very water resistant (like black ink), so not a good choice for mailing envenlopes, anyway.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.