Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8500 A910
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen this problem with this printer but using a Mac.  I can print, etc (thanks to a fix yesterday by a wonderful post!) but cannot scan to pc. I get intermittent messages "scan to computer not enabled" or words to that effect. Can someone give me the PC solution? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

How is the pritner connected to your PC? via USB or through teh network?

What are the results of selecting Fix Scanning and following the steps on the HP Print and Scan Doctor?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Connected over wireless network. HP doc said it couldn't communicate with the printer. But I can print. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the HP Officejet 8500 A910 software and press on Manage Scan to Computer.

Try clicking Disable, then Enable and see if a confirmation message appear.

If you recieve any error on this screen try clickig the Fix button and follow the steps on screen.

May you see any difference?

For any issue, please locate the current printer IP by tapping the Ethernet / wifi icon on the printer.

Withint he software press the Utilities tab and select Update IP Address.

Ensure the software IP matches the actual IP, else type the current IP, press Test and then Save.

Close and reopent he HP Software and check for any difference while openning the Manage Scan to Computer dialog.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.