Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi avi8or,

OK, good to hear the error message has been resolved. For the mispick issue I was hoping it wouldn't give you the out of paper message. When you can do is use a Q-Tip to get to the areas of the feed tire which are not accessible easily, and then also look for any paper in the paper path. You may need to contact support to see if there are any additional options available to you for getting this hardware issue resolved. Below is a link to additional options for customers out of warranty. Let me know what you find out?

HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

OK, pcwizard,

sorry, long delay before posting; I have been travelling.

However, thank you for your efforts, but nothing has worked with this printer.

As printing from a variety of positions; fresh print; post initializations; post cleaning etc all result in one page and then a "jam" I don't think that is is dirty rollers.

I have tried everything as professionally as possible; new software; new firmware etc and have to accept that this is a one page printer; something that I could have bought from Epson for £50. Not good.

I will have to invest in a new quality solution, I guess.

Thanks, again, anyway

HP Recommended

Hi avi8or,

Thank you for the update. If you let me know what printing functions you need i can suggest a good replacement printer since this one appears to have a hardware failure in the paper pick mech.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi everyone! 

Due to the nature of my job, I'm a maritime ETO, I've been working on many different ships. Every vessel in our company equipped with the same type of HP printers has exactly the same problem as avi8or has with almost every CP1515n printer. That is really annoying. Replacement of cartridges, drum units, cleaning printers itself doesn't help. Our IT department sends us new printers but of the same type. After some time the same "Jam in tray 2" after every page of multipage document makes printer almost useless. 

I believe the HP should really be concerned since this is not a problem of a single unit but a systematic fault of the whole product line. I admit the problem might lie in incorrect handling of the printer by personnel but not in every case. Anyway HP should look more closely into the issue and provide the correct guidance how to avoid this problem if it is altogether avoidable.

HP Recommended

This is a really late response to the latest post - done on December 22nd 2012 - for which my apologies, but I didn't notice the e-mail update amongst the many others, having assumed by then that no-one could help me solve my issues.

However, I am "reassured" I guess that others have had this exact problem; I am not going crazy; but I am astonished that no-one at HP has thought fit to respond to this.

The multiple failures on board several ships is, obviously, much more disruptive than for my business but these printers are not your cheap buy and throw away inkjets. If HP is not prepared to support serious business tools why buy the brand? I have nothing but HP desktops, laptops and printers in my office but maybe I should think again before the next upgrade path.

HP Recommended

My CP1515n was with the same problem.

After trying almost everything without success, I took my printer to a service center.

The solution was simple: they just cleaned inside the printer (transfer belt and paper sensor). No need to changing any parts.

In just one day service the printer back to work normally.

The technician told me that printer design (horizontal transfer belt and paper sensor near it) makes paper sensor dirty after some time and the printer "start to think" that there is a paper jammed, after the first page printed.

He asked me if the printer was displaying constantly the message "cleaning" (what was really happening).

So, just cleaning the paper sensor near the transfer belt fixed the problem for me. Of course the transfer belt needs to be cleaned also to avoid that the paper sensor comes dirty quickly.

Hope this helps you, because a cleaning is more cheap that a new printer.

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Ilanio.

This is really helpful.

I still have the printer which, apart from this fault looks like new.

It think that it is worth one more shot at this and, thanks to your advice, I will get a service engineer to clean these specific parts.

As you say, it is a lot cheaper that buying a new quality printer.

I will report back to the forum on the results

Best regards

av8or

HP Recommended

Some feedback which may help others.

Following the latest post I booked an HP authorised service engineer to clean the Transfer Belt and Paper Sensor.

He duly turned up and confirmed that this is a very common occurrence with this model after reasonable usage - the printer has printed 20,000 pages in its life - and showed me three, or four, old belts from his tool bag to prove it. He has cleaned the belts but will be returning with new ones in a couple of days.

However, even the cleaning of the original belts has done the trick and I now have multiple printing back up and running once more.

As an aside, he said that these printers should give well over 100,000 pages before anything costly is likely to go.

Hope that helps.

Best to all

Av8or

HP Recommended

Hi

How do I clean he senor? Where is i located

HP Recommended

Hello,

apparently at most of "jam in tray 2" problems are paper sensors. I solve problem on many machines by cleaning sensors itself. Especially sensors above fuser assy. Just dissasemble it untill back of the fuser and you will see three sensors there; - clean them well and unit should work fine.

Cheers 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.