Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Desk Jet Ink Advantage 3835
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi,

originally had the Desk Jet ink Advantage 3835 installed at my old office. Followed the Setup Wizard and everything worked seamlessly.

Since I've moved office and changed to a new network, I've had continuous issues with connecting to my printer scanner.

I have reset the printer default settings and reintsalled the printer with the setup wizard 3 times and I'm still having the following issue:

1-After initial install, printer/scanner works. As soon as I power down the printer or disconnect from the wireless network and reconnect at a later stage, my computer doesnt recognise the printer/scanner anywhere on the network.

2-After turning on laptop again, computer can't find printer on network but the scanner works(sometimes it's the other way around)

Is this something to do with Bonjour?

Our wireless signal is on full strength and internet bandwidth is adequate.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @ZehnProductions,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. Good Day.Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding the printer’s wireless connectivity issues. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Fabulous description, superb troubleshooting and diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

• Did you try to reset the Mac printing system on the computer?

Please perform these steps.

Please restore network defaults on the printer.

Then reset the Mac printing system on the computer by visiting this link

Then follow all the steps mentioned in this link for setting up the printer on the network when it loses connection. Please perform all the prescribed steps relevant to your situation.

Finally, add the printer to the network following these steps:

1.) Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.

2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.

3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.

4.) Click the Add button.

5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.

7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list.

8.) Try to print.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the prompt and detailed response.

Before you had responded I had attempted to reinstall the printer with the use of the Easy Start Wizard.

I then realised that the wizard is not successfully completing the installation...

I get through all the steps up until "selecting the notification settings/ad-ons". Once I click continue, It just hangs. I even left it over night to see if it would move on to the next step. But when I returned to the office the next morning, it was still just hanging there. So I'm not sure what the problem is. As I mentioned previously, when I first installed the printer and software it was so quick and easy and I had no issues.

So unfiortunately, I was not able to try going through all of your steps because I have uninstalled the printer and software from my Mac again, and reset the printer to its factory default settings.

Apologies.

What do you suggest moving forward? I feel like I'm now completely out of my depth on this  😛

Best,
Rodney

HP Recommended

Hi @ZehnProductions,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Don't Worry, I am there to assist you here. I appreciate your resolve and your persistence to try and get the issue resolved.

• Please perform these steps.
  • Reset the Mac printing system from my previous post. 
  • Then please follow all the steps to connect the printer to the network when it loses connection randomly.
  • Please do not download the printer from the HP support site.
  • Instead, add the printer by following the steps from my previous post.

This will  do the trick for you.Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time once it gets fixed. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I've tried following your steps, but unfortunately nothing is working properly.

Please understand that I run my business on my own and can't afford to waste any more time on this. Collectively I've already spent 8 hours troubleshooting which equals a full business day. Not Good!

Is there any way we can start fresh from the beginning to get this printer up and running?

Remember, the previous installation(Easy Start Wizard) did not complete sucessfully...

What do you suggest we do moving forward?

In the meantime, I will try to run through your previous steps and let you know what happens...

Best regards,

Rodney

HP Recommended

Hi @ZehnProductions,

I read the post clearly. Good job on troubleshooting. By resetting the Mac printing system the printer installation from the previous time is removed. 

• Please reset mac printing system from my previous post.
  • Then use the user guide link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04725324 and restore network defaults on the printer. Visit page 91 for further assistance.
  • Then add the printer from the steps mentioned in my previous post and check again if it works.

• If it does not, reset mac printing system again. Then install the printer on a USB connection and convert it to a wireless connection. Please check pages 90 to 96 for assistance on wireless information and also to convert a USB connection to a wireless connection. This should help to resolve the issue.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Please keep me posted. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I've just completed the following steps:

-Uninstall HP Software

-Restart Computer

-Restore Factory Default Settings on Printer

-Retsart Printer

-Launch Easy Start Setup wizard(Downloaded from HP Online)

Guided by wizard through following steps:

1. Choose Printer(successful)

2. Connect to Wireless Network(successful)

3. Download and Install HP Software(successful)

4. Status and Alert Settings(Selected settings & clicked 'continue', hanging on 'loading' page - unsuccessful)

5. Quit Easy Start Wizard

6. Launch HP Utility

7. Add/Connect to Printer(unsuccessful)

8. Printer/Scanner not recognizable on Network from computer*

*Printer wireless menu settings shows "Excellent Signal", connected to correct network SSID. Default Gateway, DNS Server and IP addresses match.

9. Troubleshoot as per your previous steps(unsuccessful)

10. Add Printer on Computer Via IP address(succsessful)

My conclusion:

I think there is trouble with the software and installation causing these issues.

If there is a way for me to manually download and install printer drivers, software and/or firmware, please just send me the dmg/setup files via link or wetransfer. Bypassing The Easy Start Wizard might solve the issue because it bombs out every time! 

* As I'm about to click 'post' for this reply, I thought.. "Let me just open HP Utility one more time...."  All of a sudden, printer appears in utility. No Scanner visible. I added it manually and now is visible in utility. Can't  "ENABLE SCAN TO COMPUTER".

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.40.56 PM.png

Then "Unable to communicate with scanner!" Something is seriously buggy!"

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.52.33 PM.png

Regards,

Rodney

HP Recommended

Hi @ZehnProductions,

I reviewed the post. Please do not use easy start. good job on trying the steps.

I request you to try these steps only, please. It is very important that you try these steps only and nothing else.

First, uninstall Easy start from the computer.

Then reset mac printing system from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/document...

Then please restore factory defaults on the printer again.

Then simply add the printer to the network from the same post to reset mac printing system.

If nothing works, please try all the steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-e-all-in-one-printer-series-d110/4023244/document...

Step 1: Check connection between the printer and the Mac (connectivity)

Step 2: Reset the printer

Step 3: Remove multiple printers from the printer list

Step 4: Delete the existing print queue and add the printer

Step 5: Reset the printing system

Step 6: Other things to try – here ensure to disable IPV6 and try all the steps.

Please try all the steps patiently as this will help you to resolve the issue.

Please keep me posted.

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've lost my patience dude. This is wasting my time!

I've tried all your steps, even all the way up to changing the IPV6/4 settings.

No matter what the result is the same. It's an endless tunnel of the same result like a **bleep**ing feedback loop that never ends!

-The printer prints and scans succesfully.

-Then if I try to print or scan again, it loses connection and the whole cycle starts back from where we were in the beginning.

Is there no support availble here in Cape Town South Africa, an HP Branch I can go to?

HP Recommended

@ZehnProductions,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction. I also see that you want to contact the HP support in Cape Town South Africa.

As you have tried all the required steps, I suggest that you contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.