Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your support.  The HP Deskjet has been working withWindows 7 after downloading the extra driver updates from the Windows 7 "big button".  However, I am planning to update my computers, or at least my new ones, to Windows 8 this fall.  Any reason that my USB connection to the Deskjet would fail in this updated 64 bit environment?

HP Recommended

I couldn't get my 722C to work with Windows 8. Seems like another road block.

HP Recommended
Worked well, thanks
HP Recommended

Bob,

We are now running windows 7 professional, 64 bit, we have a network printer, but still want to use the dekjet 722c.  Purchased a usb to parallel printer cable from startech model icusb1284.  I have installed the .dll patch update as you posted.  I have installed and reinstalled the printer driver several times.

The printer is going through USB001 virtual port.  The printer starts to print and prints the top of a page and then stops.  I have to push to flashing top button on the 722c and then the rest of the page comes out, with no printed material on it.

I have verified that they are no jams or other issues with the printer.  I am ready to give up on this.  Are there any other suggestions, I have gone through several pages of this and most people have got this to work.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@pattyh wrote:

Bob,

We are now running windows 7 professional, 64 bit, we have a network printer, but still want to use the dekjet 722c.  Purchased a usb to parallel printer cable from startech model icusb1284.  I have installed the .dll patch update as you posted.  I have installed and reinstalled the printer driver several times. 

The printer is going through USB001 virtual port.  The printer starts to print and prints the top of a page and then stops.  I have to push to flashing top button on the 722c and then the rest of the page comes out, with no printed material on it.

I have verified that they are no jams or other issues with the printer.  I am ready to give up on this.  Are there any other suggestions, I have gone through several pages of this and most people have got this to work. 

Thanks!

There are a couple things to check. First I would make sure the printer still is in good working condition by connecting it to another computer with a parallel port if possible.  If it passes this test (or you cannot test) then check your USB-parallel converter.  These can be problematic, and just because a unit worked in XP does not mean it will work in Windows 7.  A Google search for the Startech icusb1284 seems to indicate yours should work, but there may still be issues.  The models in the posts flagged here have been verified to work with HP printers in Windows 7 x64. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Good morning,

thanks a lot for this post.

I follow everything, the patch is installed but I can not print a page....

Using a HP 722c deskjet with Windows 7 32 bit on LPT1.4 port.

Everything seems Ok, the drivers is on, the os recognize the printer, the order can be give but always the same message : " the impression spouleur can connect to the printers; try so restart it...." I do it but there is always the same issue....

Could You help please ?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

You are not suppose to use the patch using 32 bit Windows 7. It will work without it.

@Hilderik wrote:

Good morning,

thanks a lot for this post.

I follow everything, the patch is installed but I can not print a page....

Using a HP 722c deskjet with Windows 7 32 bit on LPT1.4 port.

Everything seems Ok, the drivers is on, the os recognize the printer, the order can be give but always the same message : " the impression spouleur can connect to the printers; try so restart it...." I do it but there is always the same issue....

Could You help please ?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

If I ask, if I'm looking for solutions, understand that the printer is not working at all and the spouler crash....

Well, what is the best thing to do ? uninstall the dll, reinstall the printer  ?

I'm lost.

Thanks for help.

HP Recommended

@Hilderik wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

If I ask, if I'm looking for solutions, understand that the printer is not working at all and the spouler crash....

Well, what is the best thing to do ? uninstall the dll, reinstall the printer  ?

I'm lost.

Thanks for help.

Where did you copy the hpvdb720.dll file?  If it went into c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3 then it should not be hurting anything.  If it wass copied into c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3 I would suggest you do the following:  disconnect the printer.  Now go to Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Deskjet 722 and select Remove Device.   Next open an administrative command prompt and type the following in the command prompt box:

Net stop spooler

del c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpvdb720.dll

Net start spooler

exit

Next click connect the USB cable to the printer.  If the plug and play automatically installs the driver try a test page.  If not click Start, Devices and Printer, Add a Printer and add the Deskjet 722 manually with the correct port.

If all this does not work I would suspect the USB-parallel cable.  The models in posts flagged here have been reported by users to work in Windows 7.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

I did all you've tell except that I connect the printer with a LTP1 port....do I may try with a usb cable ?

Windows recognize it, I can manage with the options but when I would like to print nothing happens.There is no document enqueu. The only order that work is in "services" to clean up the cartridge....If I choose "align the cartridge", there is an error message : " a dll stop to run...."

are there solutions ?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.