Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M102W
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Have a user who has  a brand new Laserjet M102W printer. He is using a USB connection to print. (MacBook Pro OS 10.12)

The wireless printing on the M102W  splashes a nag screen on his laptop every time he connects via USB saying the wireless printing is not configured -- We Know!  We don't want the to use wireless printing.

(The splash screen is annoying and confusing him - which is, in turn, annoying and confusing us).  😉

My techs have tried to turn wireless printing off via the HP web interface (using a win10 laptop) but no joy - like a raging zombie the wireless just keeps turning itself back on after the printer has been powered off ( and yes we are saving the config).

....is there any way to kill (permanently)  the wireless printing on this thing?

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Bobbydobbs,

Thank for visiting HP Support form,

To Turn Off wireless radio.

Press  the wireless Button to on or off.

To configure a WiFi Direct connection.

Press and hold this button to configure a WPS connection.

If the wireless LED light is on, there is a stable wireless connection.

If it is blinking, there is either a WPS or WiFi Direct configuration process

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

thanks!....but this only turns off the wireless temporarily. If the printer is turned off or loses power, once it is turned on again the wireless tries to find a connection again. 

We want the wireless to never,ever come on again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may want to try the following

Press  the wireless Button twice to disable

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.