Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have you tried uninstalling all the HP software and just install the basic HP driver?

Have you checked the Windows system files using sfc?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Morning - I've tried uninstalling all HP software on my machine, and just installing the driver - no luck.  Not sure what "Windows system files using sfc" is - could you give me any pointers please?

Many thanks for all your suggestions. 

HP Recommended

Hi,  open Command Prompt as Administrator.

Run following command: sfc /scannow

Also run the built-in printer troubleshooter program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Once more thank you for your suggestions.  No issues found on the scan and no errors detected with the troubleshooting- this is very odd.  The printer continues to print without issue from iPads - so this is obviously a windows issue.  Now it's just the small question of what....  !  Very frustrating! 😳

HP Recommended

Quite by chance I have found the fix online!  Woo how I'm so happy 😁  The fix was to go to printer properties install a new driver for HP desk jet 9800 apply then rename back to Envy 5640 and apply.  The in printing prefs change print quality to fast normal and bingo it works.  For auto duplexing the same fix using Deskjet 6980 driver.  Thank you HP community.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.