Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi to all,

I'm from Italy. I had the same issue. I tried to update the firmware to a new version hoping for support of wpa2, aes, ecc....

After the firmware update, I lost the wireless tab!!!

On the HP web site we can read:

"This firmware update utility is for the HP LaserJet 1022n, 1022nw printers only. This update is recommended for HP       LaserJet 1022n and 1022nw printers that have a prior firmware version....."    and now!!!!!

I purchased the printer for the wireless connection. I think that HP is very very poor and small-minded.

Somebody have some news about this issue?

tnx

HP Recommended
I have forwarded this issue to have it looked in to and will post something once I have more information.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Gordon_H

great, looking forward to the solution. Happy to provide info or be part of beta testing 😉

HP Recommended

Excellent, thanks Gordon.

Looking forward to a resolution.

Warren

HP Recommended

Same problem here. I have lost the wireless tab configuration in the browser configuration page. Now I just can use the printer with usb an ethernet cable.

Where can I download the previous firmware?

HP Recommended

I gave up on the wireless option and linked directly to my Mac via a USB cable whilst waiting for a fix.

Ive just noticed that my printer only prints out the first page of a 2 page doc, the second page is just a blank bit of paper.

Ive just printed a 3 page doc and it printed pages 1 and 3 missing 2, not even a blank sheet (as if that were something).

Come on HP, i work in IT and have always reccomended your printers - wouldnt want to change that. Im getting fed up of truging up and down stairs to print something just to see its still not printing properly.

I think i preferred the old firmware where i had to keep restarting the printer when printong from a mac, at least the PCs worked and the wireless worked.

Poor show HP, poor show.

Warren

HP Recommended

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for pushing this forward.

Did you ever get a reply regarding this issue?

I sadly made the same mistake and performed a flash and now all wireless functionality is out the door.

I also tried to re-flash it with the 2006 firmware and the flash process gives me a big "Success" but the firmware is still 2012.

Tried to contact HP by phone but they want to charge me for this obvious firmware flaw.

I guess that they have filed it as nw-compliant by mistake.

I'll probably replace it with a Samsung ML-2165W if HP can't solve this.

/Lars

HP Recommended
Lars I don't think HP have taken any notice of this situation. The 1022nw support page is still showing the 20120928 firmware update as applicable for the n and nw. This should have been removed immediately if they thought/knew there was a problem with the update. Steve
HP Recommended

Hi Steven (and a Happy New Year by the way!)

I guess you're right.

Time to kill this old donkey and go for something new.

The price tag for a new printer isn't the problem.

It's just so annouing that HP doesn't bother to respond.

The fact that they haven't removed a bad firmware could be because people like me (trying to report it) are being rejected by an out-of-warranty-message.

Thank you for answering,

Lars

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. 1022nw, upgraded firmware to latest version, lost wireless. I've examined the firmware upgrade files in the Windows temporary directory, and the 1022nw.bin file is identical to the 1022n.bin file. Basically, HP flashed 1022n firmware on our 1022nw's. Also, after resetting the printer to factory defaults, my printer is stuck in "locked" RFU mode, it can't be unlocked using the buttons on the printer, and there's no option to unlock it in the web interface.

HP: I realize this is an old product, but you messed it up, I expect you to provide a fix.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.