Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am using the printer after a six month break. When I try to print, it will not print anything using black ink. Have followed all the steps described in the troubleshooting manual, including cleaning the cartridge and ensuring that the black ink cartridge is not empty and yet no change in output. It also displays an error code "E2".

Any idea what the problem is and how it may be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the the black printing issue on your Deskjet 3630 printer.

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the E2 error.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

This exact problem has been reported by hundreds, if not thousands, of HP printer users in the last few years.

None of the troubleshooting options will fix it.

For a couple of years, HP volunteered to replace the printers when this happened.

Now they just ignore it.

Get a new printer, preferably another brand.

HP Recommended

@Matchmaker I see you have posted similar posts in the forum.  Your situation is entirely different than the user in this thread and does not apply to this case.  

HP has different printer models with different underlying designs.  The Deskjet 3630 has Integrated Print Head (IPH) cartridges that have the printheads and ink supplies integrated into the cartridges, typically one black and one tri-color.  Replacing the print cartridges replaces the printhead, the ink and the ink delivery system.

Other printers, like the one you may have had,  have separate ink supplies (typically four or more), a separate printhead and some form of plumbing to connect them.  In some cases the printheads are not replaceable, for example the Deskjet 3520, Photosmart 6520 or Officejet 6700 models.  In others the printhead is a replaceable part, for example the Photosmart c309 or c310 series or the Officejet 8700 series.  The issues with a fixed printhead printer have nothing to do with the poster here that has an IPH based printer.

To suggest "none of the troubleshooting steps will fix" it is simply incorrect.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.