Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I don't think I explained my problem properly.

Below is the same problem as I have posted by somebody else.

I have tried the same steps as mentioned but it seems that the only cure is a reset that somebody said they did not want to post the instructions.

If that someone could do the same for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My printer has been working fine for 2 years, then suddenly this week..... the first line of printout is missing! The first line of any text is printed just off the top of the paper and at the bottom of the paper, there is a large gap between the last line of text and the bottom of the paper. I.e. the printed text is not aligned centrally, vertically on the paper. I have tried switching the printer off and on and also rebooting the PC, but still does the same thing. It also does this from any source of print - eg Word or IE. I have checked all the printer options and apps settings - all looks OK and everything says A4 paper for example. What could be causing this please? I am running Windows 8.  

HP Recommended
send a private message to Rich1 - he is the only person that can provide the info
HP Recommended

Thanks I have done that. Just waiting for a reply.

Thanks for the info it is appreciated.

HP Recommended
NP, good luck
HP Recommended

How to I find out how to do a semi-hard reset.  I tried to follow the instuctions in this thread and still have the same problem with the same printer.  Why cannot this be pubished?  How in the heck do I send a message to the guy at knows how to do this???  HELP PLEASE!

HP Recommended

Rich 1.  Same problem with the 310 printer.  Reset did not work for me either.  Can you send me instruction on semi-hard reset???   Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi mate. Still no answer and still Printer is not right. Not happy at all with HP support. MAy bin it and move to different make.

HP Recommended

Still nothing from Rich 1. Printer still not right. Any more ideas before it goes in the bin? Not happy with HP support at all.

HP Recommended

Hi Rich 1. I am still having the same problem with the Printer. Can you guide me through the steps below please?

Since the cleaning and hard reset didn't help, the next step would be a semi full reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

HP Recommended

Please can you let me know how to fix the problem of the printer not printing the top line of each page? Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.