Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

If Led 1 is solid on, 2 and 3 are off is because there is a problem with the formatter.

You problably have a bad formatter. Make sure you get a new one as a used one can cause you more problems.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

One more question. During my conversation with HP support the technical advisor asked me to uninstall the formatter and restart the printer. According to him it should work without it(?). However it shoved the same error 08:04 without the formatter.

HP Recommended
I am a bit confused. Without the formatter the display on the unit I would think would be blank so how are you getting that message. In any case I think you need to replace the formatter as it is probably the source of your problem.
HP Recommended

I had to test again.

After removing the formatter the screen works. It stays at 1% and eventually shows 08:11 (not 08:04 as I said earlier).

I will order a new formatter and test that as a solution.

Thank  you everybody for your help!

I will let you know if the new formatter solves the problem.

HP Recommended

Hello!

I ordered a new formatter and a new hdd. First I tried the new formatter together with the new hdd. Stopped at 1 % and the formatter led 1 was bright and 2 was flashing. (Firmware missing??)

Then I tried the new formatter together with my old hdd. The printer started to 94%. Stayed for 30 min and finally showed the menu. After this I restarted and finally I had an error message 02.1:10. Promped to restart and I tried that and then I reached the menu again.

Now I will print and hope for the best...

Thank you everybody for all your help!

ka

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem today and reviewing your comments help me to understand the problem. but after replace anything what I did was clean the formatter with isopropyl alcohol, put it back and after that the plotter started with out problems. for now is working.

This solution helps me for now, but is giving me the idea that I shoul be ordering a spare part just in case.

I hope this helps, saludos!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.